We have been looking forward to and planning for this huge milestone for a long time - and lots of companies and businesses were so excited for Brenna's birthday too, so they very generously agreed to participate in a blog giveaway for our awesome readers this week!
We have either bought or been given all of these items for our own family to use, and we are HUGE fans...so we hope you check them all out because these would make amazing gifts for the moms and babies in your life too :)
1. Aquaphor gift set - includes 14 oz. jar, lip repair/protectant, 1.75 oz. tube and baby shampoo/body wash. Obviously it's no secret that we are Aquaphor fans - their products literally save Brenna's life every day! We have tried other brands of emollients for her skin, but Aquaphor is THE BEST. We also use the baby wash for her baths. I've talked to so many other moms who use Aquaphor for diaper rash and other dry areas on their babies, and everyone agrees it is practically magic :)
2. Aquaphor gift set - includes 3 oz. tube, lip repair, and $50 Visa gift card. (I decided to break the Aquaphor products into two sets so that more of you could experience the wonders of Aquaphor :) )
3. Moms on Call gift sets - three winners!. A lot of moms have asked me how Brenna has gotten on such a great daily routine and will go right down for her naps and bedtime with no fussing. It is all Moms on Call!! A friend recommended it to me, so I checked it out and took notes during the online seminar, and it has worked wonders for our sleep routine. You can choose a program based on your child's age, and it is focused on routines so that your child knows what to expect. It is so helpful to know what kind of schedule your child should be on and how to develop good sleep habits! The Basic Baby Care 0-6 months book and an online seminar are included in the gift set for three different winners.
4. Baby Einstein discovery kits - World of Rhythm and Baby Lullaby.
Baby Einstein videos have been a God-send for Brenna! They are one of the very few things that keep her occupied while she's getting fed through her pump, and aside from being held and rocked, they were the ONLY thing that would keep her from screaming when she was really sick this past summer. We have lots of Baby Einstein products and love them all!
Sitting up to watch her videos
5. $25 gift certificate to Breely's Garden. A few months ago, a blog reader sent us these beautiful bows from her Etsy shop, Breely's Garden, named after her own daughter. These bows are absolutely GORGEOUS! Brenna wore one in her 10-month photo shoot and has worn several more for Christmas events. Just browsing through her Etsy shop, you can see how exquisite these little bows and headbands are...and what also struck me when I first checked it out is that in some of the photos, there are beautiful little girls with special needs who are modeling the headbands - of course this made my heart so happy to see! :)
7. A copy of "Professionalizing Motherhood" by Jill Savage, along with a "Things That Go" scratch and sketch book for kids and CDs from the Hearts at Home national conference. One of the staff from Hearts at Home sent me some books by Hearts at Home founder Jill Savage after I expressed frustration in my role as a stay-at-home mom. It was such a thoughtful surprise! Within the first chapter of this book, "Professionalizing Motherhood", my mind was completely changed! I have felt a huge difference in my mindset each day and have felt so much more fulfilled being at home after reading this book. It's definitely a must-read for any stay-at-home mom! And now I can't wait to attend the 2013 Hearts at Home national conference in Bloomington :)
8. A toddler-sized boutique hat from Kremer's Hats of Love.
9. A copy of "On the Night You Were Born" by Nancy Tillman. This is a gift from our family to yours. We received this book when Brenna was born, and read it to her many times - with tears rolling down our faces! - while in the hospital and after we brought her home. It is such a special and beautiful book, and we even based my best friend Kristin's baby shower theme around it.
10. A boxy backpack from Petunia Pickle Bottom. These diaper bags are AWESOME! I received mine from my friend Lauren, and it's so high quality and adorable. I love that it has little pockets all over the inside, so I can organize all the stuff I have to lug around with two little ones!
Petunia Pickle Bottom has generously donated the backpack-style bag, called a boxy backpack, in the same Santiago Sunset print as the "touring tote" that I have. This is definitely a wish list item for a new or expecting mom! While their diaper bags are one of the most popular items, Petunia Pickle Bottom has all kinds of amazing baby products - you'll definitely want to spend some time browsing their site!
***Here's how to win one of these AMAZING items:
1. Leave me a comment and tell me briefly how you've been blessed by Brenna! If you're new to the blog, just tell me you're a new reader and can't wait to start following our story now too ;) Leave your email in the comment in this format: blessedbybrenna (at) gmail (dot) com so I can contact you when you win!
2. For a second "entry" to the giveaway, link up to this post! Blog about it, tweet about it, or share it on Facebook...and then leave me a comment telling me you did so. I trust you! :)
That's it - easy right?! The giveaway will be open through Thursday at 5 p.m. CST, and we will use a random integer selector to pick the winners. We will choose one winner for each item. We can't wait to read all of your comments and to give away these awesome goodies to our wonderful readers in honor of Brenna's first birthday - a big THANK YOU to all of these wonderful companies/businesses for participating! What a cause for celebration here on the blog!!
**The giveaway has ended and winners have been contacted. Thank you all so much for entering!!**