What's new with us...
1. It's been a little quiet around the blog this week because we're getting ready for some very special visitors tomorrow! Here's a hint...and you can expect some crazy cuteness coming your way in the form of photos this weekend :)
2. I ventured out with both kids to Hobby Lobby yesterday. It was the second time ever that I've taken both of them to the store. (I've been very lucky with aunts willing to stay home with Brenna!) It went well, but the place was PACKED. Holiday shopping season has officially begun it seems, and I'm not a fan of the crowds...
3. Planning for Brenna's first birthday party is in full swing, and I am so excited!
4. The increased dryness as the weather gets colder is not something I would typically notice, but we can see a huge difference in Brenna's skin. Her humidifier is now running like crazy in her room, so hopefully we can adapt and keep her comfortable.
Happily soaking in the tub!
6. We're starting services with Early Intervention so that we can start working on development and therapy in our home. We've had some great evaluations and are even seeing some improvements in Brenna's motor skills after just following a few simple suggestions. She has about a 50% delay in both fine and gross motor skills - which is no surprise because of how restricting her skin is! So I'm really looking forward to working with her more on developing the muscles in her legs and shoulders and opening her hands wider so that she can do as much as she wants to and eventually run around with her brother :)
7. It was a rough transition...but we are officially swaddle-free! Raise the roof for that.
Is she not the cutest lil punkin when she's sleeping?Happy Thursday!
8. And finally, my best friend - and Brenna's godmother - is in labor with her first baby! We're going to get to meet a new little friend today, and I am SO EXCITED I can hardly keep from getting teary-eyed :)