But the Resurrection…how glorious, how incredible. I'm so excited to celebrate Easter this year and all that it means!
Easter egg art with friends this week
And for a round-up of some of my favorite moments, reads and other exciting things this week…
1. I just started reading Malcolm Gladwell's book Outliers, and it is absolutely fascinating. It explores what makes successful and high-achieving people stand out, and I can't put it down!
2. On that note, lately I've been giving myself permission to let my mind slow down and read more. Usually after the kids' bedtime routines, I would jump back on the computer, scour blogs, scroll through Pinterest and Instagram, and try to keep up with responding to messages. My mind needed a break, and I've been pulled onto the couch with a good book in the evenings lately. And I love it!
3. I've also been picking up a book in the afternoon hours occasionally - oh, the indulgence! :) In one afternoon, I finished a newly released ebook by Anne from Modern Mrs. Darcy, called How She Does It, which I found so interesting and relevant that I am planning to re-read it. If you're a mom who earns income in some capacity, especially working from home or part-time, you will love this book (especially for just $4.99!)
4. May is Ichthyosis Awareness Month! I have some fun things planned to share about our lives with ichthyosis.
5. So I discovered a new children's author by accident. I saw a book displayed on the library shelf, so I grabbed it. Zero by Kathryn Otoshi is such a cool story about how the number zero discovers that his value is so much more than nothing. Apparently Zero is a follow-up to her award-winning book One, which I now can't wait to get my hands on.
And speaking of the library shelf….is there anything better than a rainy afternoon at the library?? I could spend all day in a library or bookstore.
At the mall last weekend, Brenna reached up to grab Evan's hand while we walked. I wish you could have seen his face :)
Of course, a "favorites" post has to include front porch giggles...
And new baby doll love
So I had just vacuumed the kitchen. And then he asked to get his play-doh out. I love saying yes…because memories are well worth the messes!
This morning, Evan had already left for work and I had just woken up when Connor appeared at my bedroom door, animals and blankets in hand. He crawled into bed and then dozed off, all snuggled up with me. I gazed at his precious little face sleeping across from me, and it was one of my absolutely favorite moments this week - and the BEST start to my Friday morning!
Have a great weekend!
(Disclosure: affiliate links included. Thank you for your support!)